The Centre for Entrepreneurship (C4E) of the University of Cyprus with the support of PwC Cyprus, presents the 5th Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum: "The Challenge of AI" – IEF2020 on Friday 18th 2020 at 14:00 – 18:00
The 2020 Forum will bring together AI experts, researchers, entrepreneurs and professionals to discuss the Challenge of Artificial Intelligence and address the most defying questions around the future of AI and its impact on society, economy and politics.
Keynote speaker for this year’s PwC Distinguished Lecture “Navigating Data and AI Opportunities and Risks: New Challenges for Business and Regulators” is professor Theodoros Evgeniou from INSEAD. The Lecture will be followed by a panel discussion coordinated by Evgenios C Evgeniou, CEO, PwC Cyprus on “The Challenges of AI for Business and Policy Making”.
The 5th Form will feature:
- The Cyprus Entrepreneurship Competition (CyEC 2020) award ceremony and the presentation of the 9 finalists of the CyEC business acceleration program. The Cyprus Entrepreneurship competition 2020 is organized by the Center of Entrepreneurship (C4E) with the support of the Ministry of Energy, Trade and Industry and with the valuable contribution of distinguished organizations and personalities from the Cypriot / Global business and research ecosystem. The competition is held under the Auspices of the Chief Scientist for Research & Innovation of Cyprus, Dr Nikolas Mastroyiannopoulos.
Information about the competition, the teams and the business acceleration program can be found on the competition website: https://www.cyec.org.cy/
- Panel Discussion: The Challenges of AI for Business and Policy Making.
Facilitator: Evgenios C Evgeniou, CEO, PwC Cyprus
Panelists: Professor Theodoros Evgeniou INSEAD, Jahna Otterbacher, Assistant Professor, Open University of Cyprus (OUC), Professor Antonis Kakas, University of Cyprus.
- The Innovation Capacity Track that aspires to showcase existing capacities in Cyprus regarding research activities, industrial expertise, and training initiatives in Artificial Intelligence.
Academic researchers, students, post-docs or faculty of the University of Cyprus and from other Universities and Research Institutions of Cyprus, Startups and SMEs can participate and present in the following categories:
1. Research Labs and Innovative start-ups working on AI
2. AI research results
3. AI-related innovative products and services
4. AI Training programs
More information on how to participate can be found in the Forum website: https://c4e.org.cy/ief2020/innovation-capacity-track/
IEF 2020 aims to develop an interdisciplinary dialogue on the challenges, implications and perspectives that emerge from recent developments in the field of Artificial Intelligence. Prospects and data concerning society, economy, the State and innovative start-ups.
IEF is organized every year from the Centre for Entrepreneurship (C4E) of the University of Cyprus with the support of PwC Cyprus.
For more information on the IEF 2020 please call: +357 22895110, +357 22894248
Or email: email@example.com
* Photography, audio, and video recording may occur at a UCY public event. By taking part, you grant UCY full rights to use the audiovisual material for publicity purposes. If you do not wish to be a part of the audiovisual coverage, you are kindly requested to inform the event organizer. More info for the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) here.
More information here