3rd Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (IEF2017) ‘Research Commercialization and Innovative Start-ups’
The Centre for Entrepreneurship (C4E) of the University of Cyprus and The Hellenic Initiative (THI) are organizing the 3rd Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (IEF2017) ‘Research Commercialization and Innovative Start-ups’.
IEF2017 will take place at the University of Cyprus on the 28th of November 2017.
The purpose of IEF2017 is to showcase promising innovative research and startups incubating in Cypriot universities and the Cypriot start-up ecosystem. The Forum will bring together Cypriot researchers with world experts and internationally recognized leading minds in innovation, and will provide the opportunity for pitching ideas in front of successful entrepreneurs and venture capitalists from the USA and Europe.
- Leon Sandler (Executive Director of MIT’s Deshpande Center for Technological Innovation, USA)
- Herbert Chen (COO, Tusholdings Co., China)
The Forum will consist of four tracks:
- The Competition Track, in which selected participants will present their innovative products or research results to the audience and to a panel of judges who will select 3 winning teams.
- The Research Capacity Track, in which participants will showcase their key activities and achievements to the audience and to the visiting international experts and investors. Their ideas and research may be demonstrated through posters, live prototypes and/or videos.
- The Student Track, in which University of Cyprus students or recent alumni present innovative ideas and project results derived during their studies through posters, live prototypes and/or videos.
- The Networking Track, which will provide an ideal opportunity to Cypriot research teams and Cypriot startups to network with people from the innovation, technology transfer and investor communities of North America, Europe, and Asia.
Deadline for all applications: 09 October 2017.