The programme follows on from "Introduction to Negotiation skills". The aim is to take the participants' negotiation skills to the next level and help them negotiate even more effectively, maintaining at the same time positive relationships with their counterparts.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Improve effectiveness in negotiations by considering key negotiation strategies in more detail and applying them in practice depending on the situation
- Strengthen communication skills through the use of effective questioning, active listening and body language
- Identify the negotiation mindset and how it affects the negotiation outcome
- Consider the key principles of closing a negotiation
- Handle difficult negotiations
*Who should attend the seminar?
It is a prerequisite for participants to have attended the ‘Introduction to Negotiation Skills’ Workshop run by PwC (the workshop was run twice in the Fall Semester 2019 and in the Fall Semester 2018). Any other participants will not be able to register for this workshop.
The Programme is designed for middle or senior management, officers in charge and students involved or interested in developing key entrepreneurial skills.
Marilena holds a BSc (Hons) in Management Sciences from the London School of Economics (LSE). She is an experienced trainer, approved by the Human Resources Development Authority (HRDA - E000660), specialising in the areas of Financial Accounting and Reporting as well as Presentation Skills.
Marilena qualified as a Chartered Accountant in London in 2002, and became a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). She was very enthusiastic about training, so once qualified, she joined The Financial Training Company (Kaplan Inc) in London as part of the Financial Accounting/ Reporting lecturing team for a number of examination bodies (eg ACCA, CIMA).
In 2004 she returned to Cyprus and became a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus (ICPAC). She joined Cyprus College (School of Professional Studies) as a tutor, teaching mainly ICAEW courses. This position was held until September 2010 when Marilena joined PwC as a tutor of PwC’s Academy. She is involved in teaching trainee accountants for their professional exams, as well as offering client seminars in Cyprus and overseas. She specialises in Financial Accounting and Financial Reporting.
Following her long involvement in training, Marilena is also delivering business skills seminars to PwC staff in Cyprus and overseas, such as "Train the Trainer" and "Presenting with impact". She also delivers seminars in the areas of “Communication skills” and “Negotiation skills”. She delivered seminars in many countries including Greece, Germany, Holland, Mauritius, Oman, Qatar and Dubai.
Marilena is also a member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) and one of the Mentors on ICPAC’s Mentors programme.
* Photography, audio, and video recording may occur at a UCY public event. By taking part, you grant UCY full rights to use the audiovisual material for publicity purposes. If you do not wish to be a part of the audiovisual coverage, you are kindly requested to inform the event organizer. More info for the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) here.
Centre for Entrepreneurship
- PwC Cyprus