The Centre for Entrepreneurship (C4E) of the University of Cyprus and The Hellenic Initiative (THI) are organizing the 3rd Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (IEF2017) ‘Research Commercialization and Innovative Start-ups’.
IEF2017 will take place at the University of Cyprus on the 28th of November 2017.
The purpose of IEF2017 is to showcase promising innovative research and startups incubating in Cypriot universities and the Cypriot start-up ecosystem. The Forum will bring together Cypriot researchers with world experts and internationally recognized leading minds in innovation, and will provide the opportunity for pitching ideas in front of successful entrepreneurs and venture capitalists from the USA and Europe.
The Forum will consist of four tracks:
- The Competition Track, in which selected participants will present their innovative products or research results to the audience and to a panel of judges who will select 3 winning teams.
- The Research Capacity Track, in which participants will showcase their key activities and achievements to the audience and to the visiting international experts and investors. Their ideas and research may be demonstrated through posters, live prototypes and/or videos.
- The Student Track, in which University of Cyprus students or recent alumni present innovative ideas and project results derived during their studies through posters, live prototypes and/or videos.
- The Networking Track, which will provide an ideal opportunity to Cypriot research teams and Cypriot startups to network with people from the innovation, technology transfer and investor communities of North America, Europe, and Asia.
Deadline for applications for Competition and Research Capacity Track 25 September 2017.
Deadline for applications for Student Track 2 October 2017.
- Leon Sandler (Executive Director of MIT’s Deshpande Center for Technological Innovation, USA)
- Herbert Chen (COO, Tusholdings Co., China)
- Anna Protopapa (President and CEO, Mersana Therapeutics, USA)
- Commercialization research: Why it matters; What is its impact & the MIT experience?, by Mr. Leon Sandler - Executive Director, MIT Deshpande Center for Technological Innovation.
- Why China needs a Science Park?, by Mr. Herbert Chen - Vice Dean, TusPark Tsinghua University
- Learning from two decades in Biotech, by Ms Anna Protopapa - President and CEO of Mersana Therapeutics